January Makeup Rotation 2019


What am I wearing this month?...

It's the first makeup rotation post of the year! I've decided i wont be doing this post every month however i will do one every now and then. I've decided to do this so that you don't get board and because some products might be repeated in the posts therefore it keeps the content fresh. I also apologise for the terrible lighting in these pictures but we're in the middle of winter so studio lights will have to do!




Base Products
For my base this month i'm using products I've tried before except for one new addition i bought whilst shopping in Manchester (Not smart on the Saturday before Christmas).

  • Bare  Minerals - Complexion Kit
  • Beauty Kitchen - Daily Primer
  • L'Oreal - True Match Concealer
  • Luna by Luna - Setting Powder
  • Maybelline - Fit Me Powder
  • Rimmel - Insta Fix Setting Spray (Review)
  • Nars - Natural Radiant Foundation (NEW)
I'm hoping to finish off the Bare Minerals kit pretty soon as the highlighter is all used up and the bronzer is holding on by it's last legs. The foundation and powder however still have a while to go. I do really like the set but it takes up so much space and it's quite old...
I am not really a fan of the Beauty Kitchen primer as a makeup primer as it makes my face look purple/blue and i think that it is more of a sunscreen than a primer.
I really like the concealer, powders and setting spray therefore i am looking forward to using them this month.
Now, i am super excited to try out my new Nars foundation! The woman at the counter matched my shade and i think it looks beautiful on the skin however i do need to try it out a little longer before i can give my final verdict. Would you like a review?



Face Products?
What would you call these?

2 out of 3 of these products are newbies to the collection which i received in my Glossybox advent calendar.

  • Huda Beauty - Winter Highlight Pallet
  • Pixi - Rose Blush
  • Sleek - Contour and Highlight Pallet
I have tried and tested the sleek pallet before and it is one i love! I already know i will love the highlighters and blush! Although the shades of the highlight pallet are a little out there i think i will still get my use, i mean I've used every shade at least once already.



 Eye/Eyebrow Products

Again 2 of these i got in my advent calendar and the other 2 i treated myself to due to the free shipping.
  • MUA - Cosmic Vixen Pallet
  • MDMFlow - Greater Than Mascara
  • Coloupop - Twitterpated Super Shock Shadow
  • Colourpop - Brow Boss Pencil
Now, both Colourpop products are amazing, as Colourpop always is. However my first impressions on the mascara isn't great. It doesn't do much for my small lashes and doesn't give me the volume i need, i think ill pass this to my mum after the month is over because i'm not a fan. I haven't tried the pallet yet but the colours look fun to play with!

I forgot to snap my lippies for the month, but here's a list:
  • Maybelline - Smokey Rose
  • Nars - Velvet Lip Glide in the shade Immoral
  • Cougar - Lip gloss in Mulberry
  • Accessorise - Diamond Lip Gloss

That is everything... I think! 
Thanks so much for reading!
What are you using right now?
Caitlin
xxxx

2 comments

  1. True match is one of my go to concealers too! Great post!

    https://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love an affordable but great quality concealer as is runs out quite quickly and i don't want to fork out £20 each month.

      Delete