Lockdown Bucket List


Soo... We're officially in lockdown here in the UK. I hope everyone is well and staying safe during this uncertain time and hopefully were aloud back out soon. Although i'm personally thriving in lockdown because in the biggest introvert ever I know for some people this time will be very difficult. I'm currently off from college which means my final major project which is the performance of the musical 'Sweet Charity' is most likely not going ahead due to exam cancellations. This is upsetting for me however I am a big believer of everything happens for a reason so there is no point in me dwelling on it. This means i have lots of time on my hands...

Today I have conjured up a list of fun activities and hobbies that I would like to try out to kill time in lockdown. If you want some fun ideas and want to try new things with me keep reading!


Netflix and Jigsaws 

Now my laptop is going to be my new best friend during this period of time. 
A great way to kill time and try something new is to watch some Netflix, who doesn't love a good movie or Tv Series? Set aside a day to just binge a series on Netflix, why not? If you are looking for a new Tv Series to watch I recommend : Jane The Virgin, Brooklyn 99, The Good Place and of course The Vampire Diaries. Now sit back, get yourself a drink and a snack and enjoy!

Okay, when was the last time you did a jigsaw? I know I hadn't done one in forever! I looked them up on Amazon and they're pricey nowadays. Don't worry there is thousands of jigsaws on many websites online completely free. If you act around 80 years old like me and enjoy jigsaws slightly too much and your friends are too jump on Facetime and challenge each other to complete the same jigsaw in the fastest time. It sounds lame but honestly me and my bestie had the best time. 


Family Games Night

Another great way to spend time with those trapped in lockdown with you is too have some family games night. In my house we've been loving a simple game of 21 betting with chocolates. There are so many card games to choose from so find your favourite and set an hour aside to bond with those around you. 
If you want to connect with those outside your household jump on a group call and there are some great online party games to choose from my personal favourite being Cards Against Humanities as it has us in fits of laughter every time. 


Obviously you can still go out to get some fresh air as long as you're being safe and keeping your distance. Walking is a great way to get out of the house and get some exercise as I know for me i'm using this time to try and get more healthy and fit and so this is a great place to start. I've started using walking apps to tracked my routes so I could follow them again, it shows me how long i took and the calories i burnt so it is really helpful which is great.

Finally, I have decided to try and teach myself some basic keyboard skills as i have a perfectly fine keyboard at home which never gets used so why not try to use it? I might not get anywhere with it but at least I'll have fun trying it!

Let me know what you're getting up to in the comments and make sure to follow me on social media to keep up with how I'm doing with my bucket list.
Hope you enjoyed reading!
Caitlin
xxx


0 comments